I’m venturing into new territory here, but as I’ve said many times before this is a faith-based lifestyle blog, so I like to write about all areas of my life. So let’s talk skincare today!
No matter what I do, but especially when it comes to beauty, I like to keep things simple and straight forward – with these two requirements:
- I like to use minimal products; and
- The process must be time efficient
Applying these two requirements has made my life and how I approach skincare so easy. In terms of skin type, I’d say I have normal skin that leans towards oily when I’ve gone off the rails with my diet. But all in all, this is the best state that my skin has been in, so here’s what I currently use:
- Riversol Hydrating Cream Cleanser
- Price: $29 CAD
- Creamy texture, that doesn’t produce suds. After I’m finished using it, my skin doesn’t feel tight or like its been stripped of its moisture.
- Local company – Based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Price – I’m very conscientious about what I spend on skincare products, and as a disclaimer, I received this product for free in a beauty box so under normal circumstances I would think twice about spending that much on a cleanser.
- Garnier Skinactive Micellar Water with Cornflower Extract
- Price: $10.99 CAD
- All-in-1 – I love products that do double duty, and micellar water has changed my skincare routine for the better! I started using it last year as a toner and it produced a noticeable difference in how my skin felt – it doesn’t dry out my skin. On days that I do wear makeup, I use this to get the majority of my makeup off, then use my cleanser, and come back to the micellar water to tone my skin.
- Value – For the price (and I usually find it on sale between a few different stores), you can’t go wrong. I use it twice a day and I’d say it lasts me close to three months.
- Formula 10.0.6 Seriously Shine Free Mattifying Oil-Free Moisturizer
- Price: $6.99 USD
- Lightweight – I don’t like products that feel like they’re sitting on top of my face, but this moisturizer absorbs into my skin quickly.
- Container Size – A little on the small side compared to other products, but on the flip side, the price factors into that as well.
I told you my skincare routine was simple and straight forward right!? As a side note, I like to do a mask every now and then, but realistically I’m not consistent with it so it doesn’t even warrant writing about for my routine. Maybe I’ll push myself to get back on that train in the future.
Also, I want to highlight something that I mentioned at the beginning of this post – products definitely help, but my diet plays a major role into the state of my skin. One of my prayers at the end of 2019 was just to be consistent with my health. It wasn’t about making goals or striving towards a particular number, but I wanted to build long lasting and positive habits.
If I did that, the goals and numbers would work themselves out in the end. When I’m consistent with prayer, the results are evident, when I’m consistent in studying, the results are evident – so my health is no different. And, when I do my part and take care of my body, God takes care of the rest.
So with that I’ve noticed a huge difference with my increased water intake, as well as a more balanced diet – which is a major work in progress every single day! But all of these things working together have allowed me to see a major improvement in the tone of my skin, hydration level, and overall feel.
With this, my Sunday makeup routine has been significantly reduced (Sunday being the only day that I wear makeup). I would usually go with a full face of makeup to church, but now I’ve simplified it to three products (again with the number 3!):
- CC Cream
Talk about a game changer with so many benefits! It takes me a lot less time to get ready, my skin is still able to breath, I don’t have to spend a lot of time removing it afterwards, and my husband prefers me with little to no makeup on. So it’s a win win scenario!
What is your skincare routine like? What products are on your must-have list? Let me know in the comments!